Accelerator welcomes third class of startups
Selected through a competitive application process, the eight companies that form the third class of the RAIN Eugene Accelerator represent the diverse startup ecosystem that has taken root in the Eugene-Springfield area over the last couple of years.
The local branch of the Oregon Regional Accelerator and Innovation Network (RAIN), RAIN Eugene is operated as a partnership between the Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce and the University of Oregon to support the growth and development of community and university-based startup companies.
The eight startup companies participating in the RAIN Eugene Accelerator program include:
- BASE is a sleek and attractive wearable device that provides portable security and personal safety. With the press of a button, BASE will alert your most trusted contacts and call 911 while recording your voice so you can get help right when you need it, wherever you are.
- Bike Friday makes bicycles that allow people to have freedom to ride anywhere anytime on a high quality bicycle, custom sized and built to personal order. The bikes fold in seconds and pack into an Airline checkable suitcase for easy transport anywhere.
- Bull & Stash has created the last notebook you’ll ever need. Ever. Combining high-quality leather and paper made in the United States, Bull & Stash guarantees you’ll never have to search for the perfect notebook again.
- KlubHub is a mobile loyalty and marketing platform designed to connect communities with the small businesses and events in their area. It is currently available for Android and iPhone users and available to any community in the US and the small businesses that serve them.
- Lola’s Fruit Shrubs is bringing back a Colonial American tradition—the shrub. It’s how fruit juice was made before refrigeration. It is a vinegarized fruit juice and a refreshing, tangy drink.
- LumiDax Electronics creates unique educational and prototyping tools for engineers, students, and hobbyists. Their products place the world of electronics in the hands of the next generation of engineers and scientists.
- Miracle Query is building innovative and smart systems in healthcare for information retrieval, knowledge acquisition, and error detection. The smart systems can be used to reduce medication and drug errors, improve drug safety for patients, and reduce medical care costs.
- Player 1 Furniture makes innovative office furniture products for the open office environment. Their products are locally manufactured from sustainably harvested wood. Their flagship product, the Habitat sit-stand desk, is a space-efficient, mobile workstation designed to meet the demands of the modern office space.
The entrepreneurial community will have an opportunity to meet the newest companies in the RAIN Eugene Accelerator at the RAIN Eugene Pitch Event on Wednesday, December 3, 2015.